In the past month and a half, I somehow managed to rack up 3 –yes 3!- award nominations. I delayed sharing the news because I wanted to wait until I had enough time to mull over wordpress and find new travel bloggers. As soon as I finished the first list another nomination came in and then another. Instead of putting it off longer, I decided to switch up the rules. I’ll pick 5 bloggers for each award and include them all in this post. * There was one more award from The Travel Wench but her site seems to be down at the moment. When she’s back online, I’ll add her award as well*
Thanks once again to everyone who nominated me.
First up, is the Liebster Award given to me by The Harrises of Chicago . This one requires 11 random facts to share, 11 travel questions to answers, and 11 questions to ask the new nominees.
11. Recently, I’ve started reading grammar books for fun.
10. I’ve loved Motown music since the age of 8.
9. I went to my first concert alone at age 18.
8. At one time I had 11 piercings.
7. I never realize how much I like living somewhere until I move.
6. I don’t like eating foods that are filled with things. For examples, jelly -filled donuts or cheese- stuffed anything.
5. I was a vegetarian for three years and still feel uncomfortable eating certain types of meat.
4. I’ve wanted a pet bunny since I was 12.
3. There’s only one animal that I’m absolutely terrified of. I won’t reveal what it is here because I fear the information will fall into the wrong hands and someone will use it to blackmail me.
2. There are two books I remember most vividly from childhood: Big Brother and A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.
1. The one thing I’m most proud of? I usually accomplish the things I say going to do—even if I don’t do it quite the way I thought I would or if it takes longer than I expected.
On to the 11 questions:
1.What is your favorite destination?
So far, my favorite place was London.
2.Are you multi-lingual?
I can speak Spanish but am nowhere near fluent.
3. Where is the one place you MUST visit?
Oh no! I can’t narrow my list down to one place… but I definitely don’t want to die without seeing all of Africa.
4.Good or bad- what surprised you most about a location you visited?
Back in Spain- and now in South Korea -the number of stares I get is always surprising.
5. Do you prefer well-planned or improvised travel excursions?
I like to plan enough so that I know the major to-dos and where I’m going to sleep for the night. Other than that, I like just wandering and getting lost.
6. To which location is the farthest destination you’ve traveled?
7. What are the tip 5 items on your bucket list?
Visit every continent before age 30, live in London, travel to Africa, learn how to swim, become fluent in Spanish.
8.What do you dislike most about traveling?
The fact that I always leave without seeing something or going somewhere I wanted to.
9. What do you love most about traveling?
Personally experiencing the cultures and things I’ve read about or saw in movies.
10. Have you ever lived outside of your birth country?
Yes! I spent a semester living in Granada , Spain and I am living in Pohang,South Korea right now.
11. Do you mix service projects with your travels?
In Spain, I would feed the homeless weekly with a group of other students. Here in South Korea, I’m looking for similar opportunities.
Now, 11 questions for the nominees:
1.What attracted you to a life of travel?
2. What is the top thing on your travel bucket list?
3. Do you prefer solo or group travel?
4.What do you find to be the hardest part of maintaining a travel blog? Which is the most fulfilling?
5.How does life abroad change the way you view your own country?
6.What was the biggest mistake you’ve made while traveling?
7.Do you read any travel publications? If so, what are they?
8.What is the one comfort item must you have on the road?
9.What do you miss the most about home while traveling?
10. How long have you been actively traveling?
11.What travel experience has had the most impact on you?
And finally, introducing the 5 nominees:
The next award is the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers gifted to me from Footprints and Memories. I’m very honored to be perceived as a “World Blogger” so many thanks to Amy. This award requires me to answer 10 questions and pass it on to other bloggers.
First , the questions:
1. Your favorite color?
2. Your favorite animal?
It’s a tie between bunnies and alligators. Quite random, I know.
3.Your favorite drink?
I love coffee. Especially carmel-flavored coffee.
4. Facebook or Twitter?
I’m not big on social media ( You can ask my 14 twitter followers) but I do realize it’s important in this industry. Maybe , I’ll start tweeting soon.
5. Your favorite pattern?
I’m not sure. I’m pretty girly so naturally I’m attracted to anything with hearts.
6. Do you prefer getting or giving presents?
I like picking out unique gifts tailored for the individual. I try to remember tidbits about people so I can get them things they really like.
7.Your favorite number?
8.Favorite day of the week?
9. Favorite flower:
I don’t think I have one.
10.What is your passion?
I’m passionate about traveling and writing and finding ways to combine the two.
Here are my 5 nominees for this award: